Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Vista vs. XP?

I've always wanted to try Windows Vista for some time but still not sure about the drivers needed for my CPU. I've always heard that Vista is still not stable and many users end up reformating their PC back to Windows XP. But that was all I heard, and I ended up not knowing anything about Vista other than other peoples' opinion.

But today, I have a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate and I installed it. Took a while for me to get use to the interface which was totally awesome.. Hahaha! I installed Windows XP and installed Vista together so that I could fully utilize my PC. Which reminds me that I desperately in need of a new hard disk. My 160GB hard disk can no longer support all of my stuff! How I wish money would come out of my pocket when I want to.. Need to get some other things too.. Well, easy come easy go.

This is the view of my desktop on Windows XP Professional


While this one is from Windows Vista Ultimate!


I like the looks on Vista but am still not familiar with all the new functions yet. I still prefer XP even though I want to try all the new functions on Vista. Guess that I'll be learning about using every single function everyday.

I felt that starting up and shutting down when booting Vista is faster than XP. Less program crashes and if it does crash, Vista have some sort of solution. Which I don't know if it works or not. Well, that's all about it.

2 comments:

Miguel 'Iban' Sampaio said...

I was one of those given the opportunity to be among the first few in Malaysia to check Vista out last year. I have to say in terms of graphics, it's very very good. However, it takes time to get used to it. It took me more than 10 minutes to figure out how to save my work in Microsoft Words- Vista version. After one full day, it felt cool and great with Vista. I didn't get to use all the functions though since I was given the first version (should I say trial) and give some feedbacks to them.

speul said...

waaa.. among the first few..
tapi actually nya sikda beza gilak ngan xp..

took 10 minutes just to save? you've got to be kidding me.. save button atas ya jak ba.. sik tauk la kali trial version lain abis..

hehe.. where do i get my copy of vista? hehehe..